Saturday, December 29, 2007

Snowboarding

This is how it works
You're young until you're not
You love until you don't
You try until you can't
You laugh until you cry
You cry until you laugh
And everyone must breathe
Until their dying breath

On the Radio - Regina Spektor

That is my favorite part of that whole entire song... I don't even know why. It just means something. I can't describe what, but it's definitely something.

So I went snowboarding today. Actually, it was more falling down the hill. There was a little snowboarding, but there was definitely a lot more falling down the hill.

This is basically how my last few days went... A few days ago, my mom told me Mike, a guy she works with, agreed to go to Sundown with us to teach Jon to snowboard. She wasn't sure when. Last night, she alerted me we were going today. Great, right? I could ski or something. Except I just went skiing, no more then 3 days ago. I don't even like skiing all that much. It's okay every once in a while, but this was getting excessive. Oh well. Jon wanted to snowboard. I could do this. On the way up, Mike convinced my mom and I to try to snowboard as well. I agreed. Try until you can't, right? Seriously, skiing is pretty easy, how hard could snowboarding be? It could be very hard. I am sore all over. I fell multiple times. I almost broke my wrists, my butt, and even my leg, but I kept getting up. I kept trying. By about 12:00. I was done trying. I couldn't do it any more. I tried until I couldn't, and then I was done. My whole body ached. I sorely sat in the lodge with my mom, who even sorer then I was.

My brother actually became quite good by the end of the day. As for me and my mom, we went home sore and tired, but full of plenty of hot chocolate. (lol. What else are you supposed to do in a ski lodge all afternoon?) Luckily, I brought my iPod. I also brought my homework, which I never took out of the bag... oops.

I can now honestly say I've given snowboarding a fair chance. Next time we go skiing, I think I'll stick to skis...

No comments: