Friday, May 16, 2008

The way we were.

I don't know how it happened, but this year, we got really close.
We hadn't been much more than "close" aquaitances before then, but something clicked.
I loved how fun you were to be around.
You made me smile.
You were funny.
You were fun to be around.
You would laugh with me.
We had all kinds of inside jokes.
People seemed to see us as inseperable.
It was a blast.
Lately, things have been different.
You don't see me in the same way anymore.
It seems everyone is mad at me for "changing", but they expect me to change myself into exactly what they want me to be. Now, the things about me that haven't changed, is what seems to both you.

But the truth is, although you treat me differently, I still see you as the same you were at the beggining of the year.
When you come to mind.
I still see the girl that makes me smile.
I still see the girl that makes me laugh.
I still see the girl that I share my jokes with.
I still see you. The way I know you. The way I knew you.
I would still trust my secrets with you.
I would still keep your secrets to yourself.
Even if you don't want things like that.

Don't think I can't tell what's happening.
I can see it through your actions, through your harsh words.
Strangely, I still see you no differently.
I still see you the way I wish things were.
I still see tyou the way I hope things will go back to.

No comments: