Thursday, July 10, 2008

I Can't Seem to Decide.

You've changed.
You're not the person I knew.
I don't want to be close to the person you've become.

It hurts too much to watch you make stupid decisions if I care.
So I won't.

Except... I still do.
I can't talk to you without thinking about your crew, your booze, your drugs.
Actually, it pops into my head everytime I see you, everytime someone mentions your name, everytime I see one of your friends.

Go ahead. Do whatever the hell you want. Screw up your life.
Forget the person you were. Feed yourself lies you never would have believed before.
I shouldn't care. I'm no longer a part of your life.

Except, somehow, I'm still tangled up in all of it. At least, I feel like I am.

I really cared about you.
Part of me still does. I miss who you were.
I'll pretend I'm fine, but sometimes I'm just not.
I don't understand how you can change so much, so fast.
But you have.

I guess I'll just get used to it.

No comments: