Friday, June 12, 2009

negative nostalgia?

man, i'm feeling nostalgic right now.
i'm not sure it's really a good thing.
i mean, it makes me kind of sad and it gets me thinking about things i feel guilty for thinking about.
the thing is, it also makes me happy.
i'm sad that things are over, but i'm happy that they happened.
even though i feel a little guilty for thinking about all of it, i find myself putting myself into positions that will cause me to get like this over and over again.

according to urban dictionary, nostalgia is "A bittersweet longing for things, persons, or situations of the past. OR The condition of being homesick; homesickness. "
bittersweet sounds about right to me.

nostalgia is nice.
you know, nostalgia is more than nice.
nostalgia is wonderful.
it's good to reflect on the past every once in a while.
it's natural to miss some of the things you've left behind.

the question is, how much is too much?

No comments: