Sunday, February 17, 2008

Let's Compare

Actually, let's not.

It bothers me when people have to take everything and find something to compare it to. Not so much, "this movie reminds me of that one other movie" or "this song reminds me of that one time when..."

More of "when this person was in this situation they did this, and you did it differently, so therefore, one of you has to be wrong". Or, "last year you would have done this, but now you'd do this instead... Therefore, you either were or are doing something wrong".

That really bothers me. Why do we do that? It's not fair to the people being compared. It's silly and a bit immature. People are different, times are different. There comes a time when we need to understand that.

Maybe you honestly think that someone was making a mistake, and you want to talk to them about it. Don't use comparisons in your reasonings or in conversation while explaining it to them. It doesn't mean as much. It will come off as everything you said didn't matter because comparisons really mean nothing.

People do things differently.
From different people.
At different points in time.

Stop being so judgemental, take things for what they are, not for what others were.

1 comment:

lucky13 said...

i agree with this. I love it. and I love you
And I have absolutely no problem having to scroll down.
<3<3<3<3
~♥~