Thursday, June 19, 2008

Patched Jeans.

So I was thinking a lot last night. I thought about how I see things. I thought about how others see things. I tried to determine the "right" way to look at things. Then I applied it to this funny little situation we've gotten ourselves into. I guess this is what I came up with.

So. This is really cheesy, but think of a friendship as a pair of jeans. Actually, make that your favorite pair. It has a bunch of little threads holding it together, but sometimes, they start to wear out. Some of the little threads start comming a part. Eventually, they rip. Being your favorite pair of jeans, you really want to fix them, so you sew a patch over the hole. They'll never be the same again. They may still be your favorite pair, but chances are, they'll rip again. The patched part on the jeans is weaker and likely to rip open more than once.

I could keep going on with the analogy, but I'll let you think about that more yourself. The moral of the story is that friends have problems sometimes; it's a normal thing. We may get things patched up, but we can't always expect everything to be 100% better, good as new. It just doesn't work like that.

Just as you choose your favorite pair of jeans, you choose who your friends are. You obviously chose them for a reason. Sometimes, you just have to learn to get used to the patch on your jeans. You have to realize it may tear again, but if they're really important to you, you won't throw them away because of a little tear.

3 comments:

The Dreamer said...

I know what yah mean. It seems that every time my group of friends get together we have a great time but theres always the chance of a fight.

In the end we usually make up and get over. More like just acting like it didn't happen.

Jordanary said...

RIPPED PANTS!

*insert spongebob reference here that no one will probably get and i am embarressed to know and relate to this analogy*

oh dear, never mind me.

this whole 'pants/jeans' is a very good analogy, brianne. it's one of those analogies that keeps on giving, ya know? ...right?

anywho,

yeah.

*applause*

Heidi said...

I was never one to patiently patch up ripped jeans and sew them together again and tell myself that the mended whole was as good as new. What is broken is broken - and I'd rather remember it as it was at its best than mend it and see the broken places as long as I lived.

<3