Sunday, April 20, 2008

Cup of Joe

This past Saturday night, I had the most fun I've had in a long time. Well, I suppose it wasn't as much fun as it was...enjoyable? I'm not sure if that was the right word...

For those of you who weren't there, Followed by Ghosts had a show at Cup of Joe. Addison Payne, Mark, and Evan also played. Everything was kind of cramped because the coffee house was so small, so there weren't really enough seats for the number of people that showed up. A lot of people just stood against a wall or shared a seat with a friend. Addison was first. I was not only surprised by his talent, I was also very impressed. He has an amazing voice. Then, Mark and Evan did some songs together. They were really funny, but what else would you expect from Mark and Evan? They also did some stuff by themselves, and they ended with a song together again. Then, it was time for Followed by Ghosts. Andrei had to videotape parts of it so we went and stood where it was easier to see.

Listening to Followed by Ghosts, I got this warm feeling. That sounds really stupid, but it was amazing. Everything just felt... right, perfect even. Crowded into a small coffee house, filled with friends, acquaintances, even strangers, the scent of coffee wafting through the air, the music... it was incredible. If I could do that every weekend, I would, with the hopes that the feeling I got last night would come back. That calming, perfect feeling.

I can't really even put into words what I experienced at that show. I hope everyone there enjoyed the night as much as I did. As for those of you that missed out, you should try comming to a show sometime. Maybe, you'll get the same feeling I did.

No comments: