Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Hate.

So, earlier this year, I made a decision. I decided I wouldn't hate, or even strongly dislike, anyone that I didn't know. Now, the exception to this rule is if they give me a good reason not to like them (such as, my least favorite, really hurting one of my friends). But generally, I don't just don't like someone because of how I see them.

Example One: Billy. Everyone either loves him, hates him, or really doesn't care for him. I have yet to say anything to him. He has yet to say anything to me. Therefore, I don't hate him or even dislike him.

But yeah, that's how it works.

I've found it to work really well. It prevents me from judging people before I get to know them. Actually, it helps me keep an open mind. I've actually ended up talking to a few people I probably wouldn't have if I would have judged them before. To my suprise, I found that they're actually really nice people.

So, my advice to you is to give it a try. Talk to someone you usually wouldn't. Or, get to know someone you don't really know. You may just be suprised.

Get to know someone before you judge them.

1 comment:

lucky13 said...

Sounds like that assembly today...

And it's very good advice.

I would like to add:
Even if you have gotten to know somebody and didn't like them, try getting to know them again. People change. Sometimes it's for the worse, but a lot of times it can be for the better.

~♥~