Friday, April 18, 2008

Everyone says I’ve changed.

I deny it. I’ve even tricked myself into thinking it’s a lie. They’re wrong. Everyone’s wrong. But, deep down inside, there’s an oh so familiar voice, “They’re right you know. There’s at least some truth in what they speak.” It’s times like these when I question myself.

What is it that defines who we are?
Is it who we are? Who we were? Who we strive to become? I’m not really sure. What I do know is, I’m not quite sure I like who I was. Although, I’m not sure I like who I’m becoming either.

They blame him. I blame myself.
These changes inside me, some good and some bad, I believe they’re my doing. After all, I am the one who controls my inter-being. Have I been influenced by others? It’s probable, but I am the one who allows their influences. It wouldn’t be right to blame others. It would only be a lie.

So, what now?
Well, it seems I have a lot of thinking to do, a lot of questions to answer. I may just simply be for a while, until I figure out who it is I’m being…

No comments: